Everyone with dry and sensitive skin, UNITE! When the winter season hits, we all know the anticipation of this weather. But when the hotter months have just passed, how do you transition your skincare routine during winters is a question most of us have had. Read on to find out the right kind of winter skincare tips and the best ways to modify it at this time of the year.
Reasons You Need To Change Your Skincare Routine
While you ask yourself ‘Why do I need to change my skincare routine?’ Let us tell you that as the weather changes, your body’s way of functioning changes too. The outer layer of your skin tends to be drier and flakier as compared to summer months. While you won’t need to make many changes, you certainly cannot stop looking after your skin amidst this season.
When Should You Change Your Skincare Routine?
The first step towards preserving your skin’s moisture during winter is recognising the signs that indicate a skincare routine adjustment is necessary. Look out for skin woes such as dryness or tightness. Once you notice these changes, it’s time to take proactive measures to protect and nourish your skin.
How Should You Modify Your Skincare Routine?
As winter arrives, both dry and oily skin experience texture changes. Adapt your skincare routine with the best winter products for a smooth transition.
1. Gentle Face Wash
Face washes teemed with calming ingredients come in handy during winter months. Many skincare products might contain sulphates and lathering agents, so we recommend the best face wash for dry skin and that is our 100% soap-free, Refreshing Face Wash. This one won’t strip your skin of its natural oils and also steer clear of dry winter skin. You can also lay your hands on our Water Boost Micellar Facial Wash that lends a glowy appearance during winters and takes care of parched skin.
These solid skin products lend a healthy skin barrier during winters and are your best bets to keep your skin squeaky clean.
2. Say Yes To Exfoliation
Okay, this might sound a bit intimidating but don’t keep your exfoliators in the cabinet. Dead skin cells as well as clogged pores will stop your moisturisers from sinking into your skin. An exfoliator like our Active Skin Barrier Care Smoothing Gel Cleanser will buff away harsh impurities, thanks to the infusion of Lactic acid in it. Gentle on skin and with other calming ingredients, this cleanser will do the trick.
3. Layer With Skin Serums
Winter calls for an extra layer of defence against the harsh elements, and a potent serum for dry skin is your secret weapon. Opt for formulations featuring powerhouse ingredients like Hyaluronic acid, a moisture magnet, which nourishes and protects. This addition to your routine ensures that your skin receives concentrated doses of hydration that help combat winter dryness.
4. Switch To Lightweight Creams
In the summer, a lighter lotion might have sufficed, but winter needs more focus on hydration. To prevent chapping, humectants like Hyaluronic acid and Glycerin draw moisture from the atmosphere into the skin’s deeper layers. Transitioning to winter skincare means opting for a richer moisturiser. Opt for Ceramide based products that also help strengthen skin barrier. These creams include hydrating ingredients that become a great option during winter months.
5. Opt For Sun Protection
Whether you are relaxing indoors or taking a walk outside. Oh, wait, or let’s say it’s cloudy, a sunscreen is quite important. During winters, sunscreen is a real deal and it’s best to use it on a daily basis.
6. Use Eye Creams
Under eye area is quite delicate and it needs extra protection even in winters. Add this to your skincare routine. Here’s our Protect N Glow Vitamin C Brightening Under Eye Gel. This one with its Vitamin C love, helps hydrate your under eye area.
7. Apply Face Masks
Looking for detoxifying mask for hydration during winters? Check out our Protect N Glow Vitamin C Brighten Clay Mask. The best option for all skin types, this one lends perfect nourishment to your skin.
Ingredients To Opt For In Winters
- Humectants: Opt for moisturisers containing Glycerin or Hyaluronic Acid as humectants. These ingredients attract moisture to the skin’s outer layer, ensuring continuous hydration for supple skin.
- Ceramides: Choose moisturisers with Ceramides. Ceramides fortify the skin barrier and preventing moisture loss.
- Vitamin C: Select skincare products infused with Vitamin C for a powerful antioxidant boost. Vitamin C protects against free radicals, stimulates collagen production, and imparts a radiant glow.
Dos and Don’ts of Winter Skincare:
- Hydrate Inside Out: Nourish your skin with internal hydration – water, herbal teas, and soups.
- Layer Your Skincare: Always opt for light to rich textures, allowing absorption at every step.
- Use Sunscreen Daily: Sunscreen isn’t seasonal; protect your glow from winter rays.
- Moisturise Damp Skin: Seal in moisture by applying products on slightly damp skin, enhancing their efficacy.
- Over-Exfoliate: Gentle exfoliation is a must; too much can strip your skin during winter.
- Hot Water Overload: Resist the temptation of hot showers; they deplete natural oils.
- Ignoring Lip And Eye Care: These delicate areas deserve extra love in winter.
- Skipping Sunscreen: Winter sun is subtle but potent; so shield your radiant skin daily.